We are looking for a qualified logistics coordinator to oversee the supply chain activities of our business. He/she will be in charge of coordinating personnel and processes to achieve an efficient distribution of product deliveries.
- Plan and monitor assigned distribution center routes to get products to our customers.
- Direct all operational processes associated with traffic management and transportation logistics.
- Ensure efficient deliveries, in summary, that the transportation arrives at the right place, at the right time, with the right product and in good condition.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in transportation logistics, in order to optimize customer service, business profitability and productivity.
- Supervise carriers and provide solutions in real time, in case of any incident during delivery.
- The transportation operations coordinator must schedule the revision, repair and maintenance of the vehicle fleet.
- Ensure and maintain all distribution center equipment is well maintained and schedule repairs if necessary.
- Make detailed reports on the logistics and transportation process.
- Control transportation expenses
- Control different logging programs and monitor that employees are using the equipment properly
- Check the condition of the truck with the transport team at the end of the route.
- Ensure that the route closure is in the company’s systems.
- Verify any product returning to the CD and that credit is applied.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Have a higher education such as a degree in international trade, engineering or similar.
- Have or get a good and strong network of contacts of carriers.
- Have specific related training such as logistics and transportation.
- Possess strong organizational and creative skills